Terms & Conditions
- Please check your temperature before you depart from home and do not travel to us if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Your cottage is ready for you at 17:00 on your arrival date.
- So you’re not taken by surprise, none of the cottages has TV as we don’t receive signal in the valley. Mobile phone signal doesn’t reach us although you can receive it up the lane. There is no wifi in the cottages.
- There is a landline in the office in the courtyard to contact emergency services. If you need to contact us please walk or drive up the lane to get signal and my mobile number is 07900 785721.
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms whilst on holiday please inform us and leave your cottage immediately to return home. The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Payments and Bookings
- We need written confirmation (by postal service or email) of any booking. We will then hold the booking provisionally for five days pending receipt of a deposit of £100. We accept payment direct from your bank, by online bank transfer or by cheque made payable to Watermill Cottages.
- The balance will be due six weeks before your holiday start date.
- Once a booking is confirmed by deposit a legally-binding contract exists and full payment of the holiday will be required. We therefore recommend you take out cancellation insurance.
- Should you have to cancel a confirmed booking this must be done in writing, by postal service or email. We will make every effort to re-let the cottage for those dates and, if we’re successful, any payments we’ve received from you, including the deposit, will be returned, less an administration fee of £40.
- Night Rate and Day Rate electricity, heating, and logs for the wood-burning stoves are included in the price. In return, we ask you to consider your carbon footprint by turning off any heating, lighting and appliances that are not needed.
- Full refunds offered if travel is restricted by government restrictions.
What To Bring
We supply bath mats and, in the kitchen, two tea cloths and a dishcloth. Please bring your own linen, towels and any extra tea towels.
A good torch is helpful as there is no street lighting and if there’s no moon it is dark! There is a wind-up torch in your cottage however you may prefer a stronger beam as paths are uneven in places.
Wellies are essential for dewy mornings, stream walking and exploring the wetlands further down the valley, and for children if they’d like to help feed ducks and chickens. In summer, a pair of long trousers for children is a good idea, we are rural and if you’re exploring Robin Hood Land there are stinging nettles and brambles.
Each cottage has a good selection of books and some games/jigsaws for all ages. If you use any please leave them in the box provided in the cottage so that we can disinfect them for our next guests.
Electric Car Charging
- We offer free electric car charging on our PodPoint in the courtyard which uses electricity generated from our water turbine. Please park your car over the bridge once it is charged up.
- We welcome well-behaved pets, by prior arrangement. We charge £25 per pet per stay/week and are flexible on number and type of pet – talk to us about your requirements.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and they must be kept under control as there is free ranging poultry on site and livestock nearby.
- Dogs must NOT have access to cottage bedrooms. If you would like your dog to have access to the cottage bedrooms then please let us know, we will require you to bring your own bedding.
- Please bring your own dog towels.
- If you’d like a dog-free day we have a list of day-boarding kennels or can occasionally offer dog sitting services at our discretion. Do not leave your dog unattended in your cottage without prior arrangement.
- We offer short breaks all year outside of School Holidays. Talk to us about your requirements as we are flexible and will do our best to accommodate your short-break dates. Prices vary according to length of stay and number of party so drop us a line or give us a call.
- Short-break bookings may be moved to a different cottage of similar or greater capacity. However, we will try to fulfil your original request and will inform you of any changes, if they do occur, before the start of your holiday.
Guests During your Stay
- Numbers of residents in each cottage must NOT exceed those stated on the booking form without prior agreement. If we agree to allow the number of residents to exceed the stated capacity on the price list, we charge an additional £70 per week (or £15 per night if less than one week stay) for each additional person, including infants.
- For the comfort and security of all residents, please ask in advance if you want to have friends and relatives to visit during your stay.
- We reserve the right to ask non-residents to leave at any time.
- Checkout Time is 09:00am on the day of departure. Late checkout is sometimes available by prior arrangement and at our discretion.
- Please leave your cottage clean and tidy and furniture in it’s original place.
- We do not charge a damage deposit but reserve the right to charge for putting furniture back, excess cleaning and for any damage done to the property or furnishings during your letting period.
- Essential Covid-19 protection for us and future guest – When leaving your cottage please leave all windows and doors open whatever the weather. Please place all bathmats, tea towels and cloths in the washing machine, any used books, maps, games or extra cooking utensils in the box provided.
Please note that all aspects of your visit are at your own risk.
Please call us on 01803 770219 if you have any questions or concerns about your holiday at Watermill Cottages and we’ll do our best to help. We look forward to meeting you!
Watermill Cottages respects your privacy. Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Any information that you give us is held with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We do not and will not pass your details to any third party or governement department unless you give us permission to do so.
Use of Information
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them through the completion of enquiry forms or email. Examples of such information include: Name, Address, Telephone, Numbers, Email Address, Country of Abode. The information collected may be used to send you the information you have requested and to help us develop the site to be more useful to you. On occasion we may use any information that you supply for direct marketing purposes or to inform you of news and special offers that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of the receipt of direct marketing information you may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of ‘Opt-Out of Direct Marketing’.
Links to Other Sites
We may on occasion provide links to external websites. Whilst we make every effort to provide you with links to high quality, reputable sites, the contents of these sites are not under out control. When you click through to these sites you leave the area controlled by Watermill Cottages. We cannot therefore accept responsisbility for any issues arising in connection with either their use of your data, the site content, or the services offered to our users by these sites.